SO WHAT'S GREAT ABOUT ACTING?
For every person, there must be at least thirty different answers! Some of the following were given after the Junior Production of The Three Musketeers:
- The butterflies in your stomach wreak havoc in your mind but disappear the moment that you start to speak.
- The expectation in the air.
- The knowledge that you have tried with all your might to produce something that the audience will enjoy.
- Working together as an acting company to create a show.
- The sense of belonging, really belonging to a great group of people.
- Knowing that I am truly my character: my voice, my body, my make-up and my costume have all come together to create a new persona.
- I never thought that I could achieve all the things I did. It makes me realise that I can do anything as long as I am determined to do it.
- The Benvenuto Players are such a welcoming group.
- It is such a pleasure to be in this group of young, lively and dedicated people. I can’t wait to work with you all again in the next show
- Everyone was so helpful and friendly even if I don’t speak so good English
- I was so impressed with how the whole group worked together to make this play a good one.
- I was able to overcome my negative emotions and stress because I felt that I was welcome in one great big family.
- I had great fun.
Our President can add many more reasons.
As a teacher:
- Because it’s a fun way to improve your self-confidence. OK, you may be rubbish at physics, but you are brilliant at acting!
- It really helps to improve your English – a full immersion course for several hours a week. And it’s all free!
- It works wonders to improve your social skills as you have to become sensitive to how everyone around you is feeling. Most important for you young people who have missed 2 years of social interactions during the covid-19 pandemic.
- You forge strong and lasting friendships with people who you maybe wouldn’t have met otherwise, people you can rely on to help you when you need it.
And as a parent:
- It takes them away from a screen
- It gives them a new and stimulating challenge
- It teaches them to be responsible for themselves and for others.
And as an actor:
IT’S JUST THE BEST THING EVER!